HR and Communications Experience
HR Manager, Highway Equipment & Supply Co., Harrisburg, PA 2015 to Present
Direct “HR Department of One” for four Pennsylvania locations and approximately 80 employees. Steward positive, engaging relationships with employees at all levels at all four locations. Develop and administer HR policies and processes, employee relations, worker’s compensation, unemployment compensation, reporting and compliance, benefits, and payroll through a comprehensive knowledge of current federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Jennifer Nauss Conway, HR Communications & More: Freelancing/Consulting Services, Harrisburg, PA, October 2014 to Present
Delivers successful communications services that achieve intended goals. Passionate about building and fostering collaborative relationships with clients, colleagues, and peers.
HR Communications, The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 2008 to 2014
Built and ran a one-person global HR Communications department (where none previously existed) from which I engaged over 11,000 employees, managing and executing over 300 communications each year for various segmented audiences – from executives to hourly plant employees and retirees. Provided technical and creative support, writing and designing most communications, and developed yearly communication plans designed to achieve the intended business goals.
Senior Executive Assistant, The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 2002 to 2005
Designed and wrote engaging benefit communications that grew employee participation in benefit programs and increased on-time completion of key benefit processes and activities.
- Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Marketing Officer, The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, , 2007
- Citizens Financial Group, Harrisburg and Plymouth Meeting, PA
- HR Assistant/Back-up HR Generalist and Senior Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, 2006 to 2007
- Senior Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Leadership and Professional Development and Retail Training, 2005 to 2006
- AA Degree focusing on Communications and Labor/Employee Relations, The Pennsylvania State University, World Campus, 2011. GPA 3.57
- As of August 2012, completed 90 of 123 credits in BS Degree, Organizational Leadership, focusing on Communications and Labor/Employee Relations, The Pennsylvania State University, World Campus. GPA 3.58
Computer and Technical Skills
- Microsoft (most at an advanced level): Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Expressions Web 4, Publisher, Movie Maker; Visio; QuickBooks Pro
- Online survey programs
- Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat and other .pdf and photo-editing programs
- ADP Workforce Now & TotalSource, PeopleSoft, SAP, applicant tracking systems
- WordPress and other content management system